A healthy mindset that supports self-motivation and discipline is a vital part of not only your health & fitness journey but daily life in general. Unfortunately some people wait until they HAVE to change their lifestyle for serious health reasons. Don’t be that person, take action now! Your health and
wellbeing is worth more than any amount of money and really should be cherished on a daily basis.
Remember, it’s all about making small, achievable, sustainable and realistic changes that will help bring you the opportunity to have the best life you can possibly have.
The first step towards a healthier lifestyle is to decide your motivation for change.
Your motivation will take you a LONG way. Your motivation will keep you going when you want to throw in the towel. People really underestimate the value of motivation these days!
So take your journal or a piece of paper and write down every reason why you would want to master your weight and health once and for all.
Leave a lot of room at the bottom, as you will probably discover many more reasons than initially anticipated as you begin to really focus your attention on this. Just to give you an example of some of the reasons for change, I listed some key personal drivers below:
- I want to be healthy, fit & strong
- I want to reach my full potential
- I want to be in good health when i am older
- I don’t want to be overweight all my life like my mum/dad
- I want to experience life to the fullest, not be hindered by my weight
- I want to have total mastery over not only my weight but my mind too
- I want to develop a healthier relationship with my body and with the food i put into it
- I want my children to inspired & motivated by me and the example that i set
- I want to be able to look good in skinny jeans (as you can see, your reasons can be as shallow as you want!) aswell as feel more confident naked
- I’m tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin
- I want to experience the sense of pride & achievement in not giving up or taking the easy way out
- I want to feel proud of myself and my accomplishments
- I want to have more energy
- I want to be able to walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath
- I want to be able to look and feel good in anything I choose wear!
So take a moment and list every reason you can think of for wanting to change and master your weight and overall wellbeing. Your list can be simple, short or long, deep or shallow. It doesn’t matter, as long as it belongs to you (not your partners or your friends) – that’s what makes it yours!
Reflective practices are vital to not only to any holistic training program but in all areas of life. Such practices support both your self awareness and personal growth. When you take the time to truly reflect, acknowledge and appreciate how far you’ve come, what you’ve achieved (no matter how small) (remind yourself of why you started), your commitment to lifestyle change will be renewed.